From Friday 11 March until June 2022, weekend closures of the A40 Westway will change to affect westbound traffic.
Since November 2021 essential maintenance has been ongoing with weekend and overnight closures to the eastbound carriageway. The next phase of work sees a switch to the other side of the carriageway and those travelling eastbound will be able to use the A40 Westway as normal.
To minimise disruption, the Westway will be open in both directions during peak times Monday to Friday, but will be limited to two lanes of traffic.
Westbound closures take place:
- 22:00 Friday 11 March to 05:00 on Monday 14 March
- 22:00 Friday 18 March to 05:00 on Monday 21 March
- 22:00 Friday 25 March to 05:00 on Monday 28 March
- 22:00 Friday 1 April to 05:00 on Monday 4 April
- 22:00 Friday 8 April to 05:00 on Monday 11 April
- 22:00 Friday 22 April to 05:00 on Monday 25 April
- 22:00 Friday 6 May to 05:00 on Monday 9 May
- 22:00 Friday 13 May to 05:00 on Monday 16 May
- 22:00 Friday 20 May to 05:00 on Monday 23 May
While each closure is in place, local routes and the official diversion route are expected to be busy and long delays are likely. TfL is asking drivers to plan ahead and use routes such as the A4 and A41 or use the A406 for alternative ways out of London.
There will be no works over Easter, on the weekend of Friday 29 April, or during the Queen’s Jubilee celebrations in early June. Additional overnight or weekend closures later in June may be required to complete the work.
For the full programme and more detail, you can visit TfL’s travel advice page